The Show Me Missouri Back Country Horsemen is an organization of the hardest working, most intelligent and best looking people on the planet. Don’t believe it? Just take a look at the pictures below. If that doesn’t convince you then look at the rest of the web site. You will see that we are hard at work making sure that the trails you love to ride are kept open and maintained for the pleasure of all.
If you would like to join this stellar group just click here. You won’t regret it.
Keeping Missouri’s Public Trails Open to Horsemen
Show-Me Missouri Back Country Horsemen (SMMBCH) is a non-profit volunteer service organization working on and for Missouri’s public trails. Our mission is ensuring continued equestrian access to Missouri’s public trails so future generations can enjoy riding in some of Missouri’s most scenic areas and preserve historic skills connecting America’s past to the future. We work towards our goals by:
- Providing volunteer services to the:
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- U.S. Forest Service
- Army Corps of Engineers
- County and city parks in Missouri
- National Park Service
- Educating government officials and the public on issues related to equestrian use of public lands.
- Advocating for continued trail access for equestrians with local, state and federal officials